Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Smokin' Weed With Jesus, part 3

Evolution vs Inteligent Design vs Adaptive Creationism...ding ding ding , in this corner from.....
Last night the hot little number that I have been with for the last 15 years went to see the movie Saw with me. It was, umm, okay. It is pretty easy to use low lighting levels and lots of fake blood to hide a week script. But I digress. We met in Owasso after a day of running errands seperately so we drove seperate cars home. On the way home I had a talk with God. As a Christian I am to help spread the "good news". The good news is this; God loves me so much that in order to keep me from eternal damnation in hell He gave up his only son to die for me. I get that part. I accept that part. I accept His son. But how am I supposed to convert people with what seems like a threat. God loves you. He wants you to live forever. All you have to do is accept His Son.....but if you don't your will burn forever in a lake of fire and torment. Have a nice day.
Now, lets Evolve. All of you radical evolutionist that laughed and part one and two keep laughing in the spirit of fairness. The Theory of Evolution is just that, an Theory. Charles Darwin did a great job on this one, but on his deathbed he confessed Christ as his personal savior. It may have been a last minute spiritual life-preserver just in case. In my experiences things left alone in nature do not evolve, the decay. It is how nature is. In essence evolution is based upon the idea that life advances based upon billions of accidents. For example take the blind cave fish. If he had indeed evolved why did he not develop the abilities of seeing in the dark or sonor. Instead he just lost his eyes.
Inteligent Design is the new scientific attempt by the conservative right to counter the evolutionist. It is a theory that God did it. It is full of holes and paradoxes just like evolution. Most religious christians would say that our minds cannot comprehend the works of God. But what about us being made in His image?
I feel that the third option is better than all of the rest, but not without it's own holes. Adaptive creationism is a theory that is advancing. It states that All of creation came from a divine spark and follows preset laws of natural selection and adaptive strategies, but beyond that it is up to the created to develop.
But I could be wrong. What I do know is that there is a God. And He has shown me that the truth is called Grace and Mercy. He showed me grace four years ago when I almost died. He showed me mercy when I woke up 6 weeks later with my mind still intact. Since my recovery I have had the opportuniy to save two people from fires. One man was during a fire in a metal building converted to a home. The second was a boy that I was able to pull from a burning plane crash. I say this not to hype on myself, I was working with an excellent crew. But to show that the grace that God gave me was able to be returned. Good Mojo.
I am currently reading a book by Barack Obama called "The Audacity of Hope". A very good read. Even if you are a extreme right-wing conservative you will find something in this book.
Have a save and happy halloween......KMD

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am very happy you didn't die. I love you.

MUD said...

Ditto on the "did not die" part. Where were these wonderful discussions when I was there on the last trip? More people believe in God without Jesus than believe in the Father, the son and the holy Ghost. I think more things got better because of luck than evolution. The things that got worst generally did not reproduce because they were ugly and only the pretty/strong made things better when they had babies. Except in a bar after a night of beer and it is closing time. One of my OCS classmates went to a bar in Lawton and as the bar closed he took princess sweetwater home. When he woke up the next morning she was more like old squaw muddy water. With luck he did not reproduce. Even if she did, he was gone and not there to be blamed.

Lexie Ward said...

My beliefs on the creation are very similar to yours. I especially believe things began to change after the flood.

I like your blog! Very thought provoking.