Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Probing mars and the baby boomers.

I have a confesion. I'm a space geek. Not a game geek like Rebecca, but a pserson that has always had an infatuation with NASA and space exploration. Maybe it is because I grew up with the space shuttles and apollo missions. In junior high school one of our science teachers, Mr. Markum, was a finalist for the last Challenger mission. I can still remember him running out of the classroom in tears as we all watched the Challenger explode after take-off. One of my biggest space fixations has been the mars probes and the voyagers.
............................................................................................................................................................................
Now, back to leadership. Today we look at the baby boomers, and you know who you are. The baby boomers were born from 1946 to 1964. Every day 1,000 baby boomers turn 60. They have the largest disposable income and tend to spend it on thier grand children. The baby boomer is the workaholic that crusades causes. This group does not tolerate injustice and has been influenced by the civil rights movement. In the workplace this group loves to have meetings. The baby-boomer thrives best in a leadership style that involes cooperation, and work with others on projects.
Have a good day and do something nice for someone today, even if it is for yourself.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I remember Mrs. Brewer coming inside the school saying the space shuttle had blown up. I thought she was kidding, but who would kid about that? I also remember when I was in the 5th grade and Mrs. Kennedy saying President Reagan had been shot. I will never forget where I was or what I was doing. I also vividly remember when I was on April 19, 1995 when the Murrah Building was bombed and where and what I was doing on September 11th. Gosh, what a world we live in. But, I also remember the other things...the good things. When we got married, when our daughter was born, when you came back to life. I love you

MUD said...

Oh come on guys, you can kiss in person. Why all this mushy stuff. Oh, you are in love. Never mind. I too share a facination about space. My claustrophobia would keep me out of the space ships though. MUD

Lexie Ward said...

I had whined around about being sick that day and got my dad to let me stay home. He always let me get out of school as long as my grades stayed high and I promised to clean house (which I didn't mind if no one else was there and I could watch General Hospital undisturbed).
Anyway, that's where I was when the Challenger exploded: playing hooky, watching soaps and folding laundry. I'll never forget it.