Friday, November 24, 2006

What are you talking about: PG version

Every family and group has their own language or sayings that are unique to them. When I first married into Rebecca's family I thought everybody had developed a slow leak. Every time you would say something funny or off-colored they would go "pssssshhhht". What the heck is that about? Around our house when you are talking to somebody and they go"huh?" Our reply is to say "chicken". If you are cold you are "fweezin." If you are really cold you are "supa fweezin." If it is really, really cold you are "supa party fweezin." I know,... We are idiots. At the fire station there is a whole other group of terms being used. When you are explaining an action that happened to you, you must qualify it with the phrase "minding my own business." Example: I was at the store the other day, minding my own business, and I ran into Harley.... Also when you are talking about somebody you must first qualify it by saying: Crazy (insert name here), that rascal......... Example: Crazy DeMauro, that rascal, he was telling me that his cousin..... It is not a derogatory comment, it is just language. I hope the turkey was good. I missed all of you. Kris

No comments: