Thursday, December 28, 2006

Crybabies

It seems that Rebecca and I have being crying a lot lately. And it is okay. After Andi's death we both have walked around on the verge of tears but this is different. It seemed that with Andi gone we both did not want to cry in front of each other because we did not want to upset each other. I know it sounds silly but it is true. Over the past few weeks we have gotten closer than we have ever been. The other night we were watching the movies "World Trade Center" and cried like babies. It struck us right in the heart and hit upon on how we feel about each other. Especially the relationship of Nicholas Cage's character and his wife. How they fought for each other. It was a very powerful tribute to everybody that survived and died that day. Then we have been watching the series "Band of Brothers." (she got it for me for Christmas) We see these young men, we know that they are actors, making history. We have realalized that this was our grandfathers. My pappy was a tank operator in France. I can just see him now. A short, stockey, Oklahoma farm boy driving around France in a tank. I can only imagine what the hell was going through his mind. On a lighter note, I am have one of my articles featured on Fire Engineerings web site soon. I will put the link on this here blog. In Oklahoma we pronounce it "blawg."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you so much!!! You mean the world to me. I could never live without you. I would fight the world for you.

MUD said...

Get a room. MUD

Anonymous said...

Kris, you are blessed to have each other- your love is evident. I commend you for being a great husband.