Sunday, December 10, 2006

Dance like nobody is watching.

I have finished a leadership class that has to be one of the best that I have ever attended. This last session was on developing a personal life style that allows you to succeed in your career. It focused on health and wellness, stress relief, and personal development. The key item was to "dance like nobody is watching." Over the next week I am teaching a school bus rescue class. I will be posting pictures over the next few days. I will have to admit I do enjoy teaching. I have never wanted to be a school teacher, but the thought of having a captive audience for all of my jokes and ideas is intriguing. In this school bus class I am going to introduce some new skills to our department and hopefully have an article published in Fire Engineering Magazine on innovative training opportunities. The picture posted with this blog entry is during a training session I developed this past summer. We used a soon to be demolished public swimming pool locker room for live fire training. For those that study management theory I feel that I have reach the top of Maslow hierarchy of needs' pyramid. I have also notice that my bunker coat is too big. It is the one used to wear a few years ago.
Along with that all is good, the wife and kids are beautiful and I got most of my shopping done. Until next time......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What did you get me for Christmas??? Huh? Huh? Huh?

Anonymous said...

I love you very much!!!