Thursday, January 04, 2007

Fire Academy: Day Two

It was like Christmas for the recruits. At the end of day one, after sitting through lectures and filling out tons of paperwork from human resources, they all got to open and put together thier bunkger gear. This is the protective clothing that they wear while fighting a fire. There was boxes and plastic bags and paper everywhere. It reminded me of when the kids were little and they dove into their Christmas presents. It was funny to hear 10 grown (that is such a loose term) giggle like boys as they put the gear together. Jan 3 was their second day. The academy covered ICS or Incident Command System. It is rather dry to teach and to take. The fun spot in the day was when the recruits ot to take their group picture. Also it was the first day that we took them to the gym. I have them scheduled for PT on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

2 comments:

MUD said...

Such a fine looking group of young men. When I'm with a group of soldiers I feel proud of what they will be. I hope you have the same pride. Paperwork was invented by Lawyers. Cover your ass, Arwk! cover your ass! I know, I'm spending too much time with the birds.

Lexie Ward said...

I wish I could have got a picture of all these guys with Paul for the Value News article!