Saturday, January 13, 2007

Week Two is Complete, Three More to Go.

Well it is a little after 0500 and there is an inch of ice on the ground outside. The furnace has not shut off in hours and there is a fire in the fireplace. I went to "take a nap" around 6:00 pm last night and apparently "napped" until four this morning. I do not like winter. We have just finished up a the second week of the fire academy. I had to change several things around due to the pending (now upon us) bad weather. In the pictures included with this blog your will see an exercise that we did for dealing with sprinkler systems. The students had to use wooden wedges to block an open sprinkler head. It was great fun to watch. The other pics are just of the training trailer and of me giving a quick review of the candidates performances. I will spend this weekend writing a 50 question test for the candidates to take on Monday. I hope to write on a few more papers that I have going. My article on the FE website is getting a lot of hits. Keep warm. Kris

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

You are awesome. I am proud of you!!! You rock, baby.

MUD said...

Is napping on the couch a bad thing? I do it all the time. I drag home and take "Power Naps".
Your academy sounds like a world of fun. Good luck.
MUD

Lexie Ward said...

Congratulations on your article, Kris! Cudos.