Monday, January 29, 2007

PeterbiltTrucks and My Dad's Briefcase

Went with the wife and the nina to see the movie "Pan's Labrynth." It is a great movie. I forgot how much world history I have forgotten. The movie was set in 1944 Franco Spain. Go see the movie. When we got home I watched a show on the national geographic channel about the Peterbilt truck factory in Denton, Texas. I have always liked Denton. I did business with a company out of Denton for years. My dad was a trucker (among other things that would rhyme with the word trucker.) He always liked Peterbilt trucks or "Petes" as he called them. He would always tell me stories of driving a "big ol' Pete" passing other trucks like "Macks" and "KWs". Dad worked for a lot of different companies but is best job was with a trucking company called "DQ Wise." As a young boy he would take me to the "shop" and let me set in the big trucks. We would rabbit hunt in the field behind the lot and shoot turtles in the pond. I never really liked shooting the turtles but I liked being with him. I would miss on purpose, looking back now I think hid did too. He was the person that fosterd my ability to draw, especially mechanical drawings. When I would spend the night with him and one of my stepmoms he would always say "Son there is some drawing paper in my briefcase." We would set at the table or on the living room floor drawing on the coffee table. We drew "Big ol' Petes passing Macks and KWs."

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love you.

Rebecca said...

Did you know that it's 15 minutes until 5:00 tomorrow in Queensland, Australia???

I miss your blogs! And I love you!

Anonymous said...

Ok, how long do we have to put up with the truck story? MUD.

Rebecca said...

MUD.
How long do we have to put up with you posting as annonymous??? You can fix that on your settings you know? Oh and for some reason I can't post on your site. Weird. Sorry Kris this is only way to communicate with MUD. Except email which I hate.